The last three Disney films that starred POC were the Emperor’s New Groove in 2000, Brother Bear in 2003 and Princess and the Frog in 2009.
What did they have in common?
Oh this shit again.
1. Emperor’s New Groove did not have a single white character in it. All of the human characters were of South American origin:which not only included a secondary protagonist that was in pretty much every scene Cuzco was in bar the beginning scenes, the primary antagonist who was voiced by the legendary Eartha Kitt, but a gigantic ensemble cast. Since this movie took place in a fictional South American kingdom before the Spanish conquest. Next.
2. Brother Bear also had no white people in it, This however, is also irrelevant since the focus was not on human characters, but on animals and the natural world. Hence Brother BEAR.
3. Princess and the Frog also featured a large supporting cast: whilst Tiana and Naveen spent most of the films as frogs, their distinctive voices remind you that they are not frogs, but two black people in the bodies of frogs. Both characters also spent a considerable amount of the time of the movie in their human forms, Tiana especially. This film also features a prominent ensemble cast, that includes a wide varity of black characters, including the villain, and Tiana’s parents. The most important white character serves as comic relief, whilst the other two serve very minor roles. Also Princess and the Frog is an adaption of a specific novel that was in itself an adaption of the classic fairy tale: The Frog Princess, and much of the film’s trappings, such as the New Orleans setting and the female protagonist come from the novel. In this novel, the princess and her prince are both white: making them black in the first place was a decision made on the part of Disney.
4. I notice Lilo and Stitch is left out of your rant. Don’t remember Lilo or her sister becoming animals.
5. Atlantis the Lost Empire also featured a wide variety of non-white characters in starring roles, from a Latina mechanic, a half African/Native American doctor and an entire highly civilisation of non-whites, including the first (and for a decade, only) Princess to become a queen.
6. I also notice Mulan, Pocohantas, Jasmine and Alladin were not turned into animals.
7. Oh whitepeoplemakeyousick? Well stupidpeoplemakemesick.